Updates for Victoria.
- The Premier announces state of emergency extended four more weeks to 13 September
- “While these numbers are positive … I don’t want anyone to think we can back off on this,” he says
- He’s not ruled out taking over more corona-hit private nursing homes
- He also said COVID-19 will likely be around in some form forever
- Federal health minister Greg Hunt is “cautiously but genuinely optimistic” that a vaccine will be available by 2021
- The government is close to signing a deal that would allow production of a vaccine in Australia