In an interview, coronavirus researcher Vineet Menachery says the virus may never go away; echoes Event 201 scenario!
- Besides smallpox, most diseases can exist in nature even after being removed from human population
- Animal populations can hold diseases, and under certain conditions, reemerge in our own
- OC43 (a common cold coronavirus) was originally from cows, was very severe and after a few years became a common cold
- The expectation is that this virus will eventually become the next common cold virus
This sentiment brings to mind the outcome of Event 201.
In October 2019, 15 global business, government, and public health figures ran ‘Event 201’, an exercise simulating the fallout of a devastating global pandemic. The scenario:
- The fictional virus is a novel coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to humans
- The disease is similar to SARS, but more transmissible by people with mild symptoms
- There would be no vaccine in the first year
- A fictional antiviral drug is available but doesn’t limit the spread
- Cases and deaths increase exponentially
- Society and economy suffers
- The scenario ends at 18 months; 65 million deaths
- “The pandemic will continue at some rate until there is an effective vaccine or until 80-90 % of the global population has been exposed. From that point on, it is likely to be an endemic childhood disease.”
- A coronavirus from bats
- It can be aggressive like SARS but highly transmissible like the cold
- Hydroxychloroquine, although not antiviral, seems to work
- Vaccine not likely to be available until next year
- Things are projected to go back to some semblance of normal around 18 months but will continue
- Global vaccination proposed by health officials, government figures and vaccine funders and advocates like Bill “The Prick” Gates
- In time it may be endemic
I’m sick of hearing the constant ‘there’s no handbook’ thing. A simple glance at Event 201 reads like a COVID-19 almanac! Involved with Event 201 was the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, who has a dirty history of vaccination disasters. Bill Gates is currently involved in rolling out a vaccine that he stands to profit from, and it’s clear with Event 201 and his involvement that he’s been thinking about this for a while.
Event 201 can be seen as a simulation of a simulation. The COVID-19 pandemic in itself is a simulation. There’s no way we’re reaching 65 million deaths, but with a little trickery of statistics here, some faked death cases there, poor test accuracy and a whole lot of fearmongering – you have yourself an illusion of a pandemic.
We do our best to care for those stricken with illness and to have tight protocols in place that limit the movement of the disease in those vulnerable places like nursing homes. You don’t close down the entire world and destroy the economy, dummy. Here in Victoria, it wasn’t the lack of public restrictions that resulted in the growing number of cases and the purported deaths. It was the lack of common sense in protecting the most vulnerable from the beginning that’s made the disastrous difference. You gotta be more nuanced than to first be slack on everyone and then be indiscriminately extreme on the same general public. But that requires the extra thought the Victorian government is still trying to grow brains for.